We will keep you records safely
This practice complies with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. This means that we will ensure that your information is processed fairly and lawfully
What personal information do we need to hold?
- Your past and current medical and dental condition; personal details such as your age, address, telephone number and your GPs details.
- We may need to request details of your NHS number and entitlement to healthcare treatment
- We may also need to request details of your NHS number and entitlement to healthcare treatment
- We may also need to request details of your exemption status for NHS treatment
- Radiographs, clinical photographs and study models
- Information about the treatment we have proposed and its cost
- Notes of conversations or incidents that might have occur for which a record needs to be kept
- Records of consents to treatment
- Any correspondence relating to you with other healthcare professionals, for example in the hospital or community services, or in connection with a referral to or from another practice
Why do we hold this information?
We need to keep accurate personal data about patients in order to provide you with safe and appropriate dental care. We also need to process personal data about you if we are providing care under NHS arrangements, and to ensure the proper management and administration of the NHS.
We are required to retain your dental records, X-rays and study models while you are a patient of this practice and after you cease to be a patient, for at least 11 years or until the age of 25, whichever is the longer.
Your information is held in the practices computer system which is backed up to a secure offsite server. The information is only accessible to authorised personnel. Personal information will not be removed from this practice without the patients authorised consent.
Your personal information is carefully protected by the staff at this practice. All access to information is held securely and can only be accessed by regularly changed passwords. Data is encrypted and computer terminals are closed if unattended.
We may need to disclosed your information
In order to provide proper and safe dental care to:
- Your GP
- The hospital or community dental services
- Other health professionals caring for you
- MHS payment authorities
- The Inland Revenue
- The Benefits Agency, where you are claiming exemption or remission from NHS charges
- Private dental schemes of which you are a member
Disclosure will take place on a ‘need-to-know’ basis so that only those individuals / organisations who need to know in order to provide care to you and for the proper administration of Government information (whose personnel are covered by strict confidentiality rules) will be given the information. Only information that the recipient needs to know will be disclosed.
In very limited circumstances, or when required by law or a court order, personal data may have to be disclosed to a third party not connected with your health care. In all other situations, disclosure that is not covered by this notice will only occur when we have your specific consent. Where possible you will be informed of these requests for disclosure.
Any queries about privacy or how your personal information is used and managed should be addressed to Dr David Reaney at email@example.com or by writing to David Reaney Associates, 28 Dungannon Street, Moy, Co Tyrone BT71 7SH