- Are you confident about your smile?
- Is there anything about your smile that you wish you could change?
- Are your front teeth crowded?
- Do your teeth ‘stick out’ or do they have gaps between them?
- Are they tipped back or are they rotated and out of line with the rest of your teeth?
- Are you thinking of veneers but are worried about the amount of removal of healthy teeth required?
If you’re feeling self-conscious and concerned about crooked or protruding teeth, you’re not alone. Not everyone has naturally perfect alignment, but thanks to orthodontics, you can have just that. However, correcting orthodontic problems is not just about cosmetics and improving self-confidence; there are very important dental health reasons as well.
Misaligned teeth can cause difficulty in chewing and speaking, while wearing away enamel on healthy teeth and putting excess stress on your gum tissue and surrounding bone. In addition, teeth that are crooked or overlapping are difficult to clean, which can put you at risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
Orthodontic treatment (usually with braces) can be used to improve the appearance and alignment of crooked, protruding or crowded teeth, and to correct problems with the bite of the teeth.
At David Reaney Associates we can provide a range of orthodontic options to suit your requirements and lifestyle.